Monday, February 2, 2009

Thing #5


1. I spent a long time surfing Flickr today. I was aware that this was an image site, but didn’t really realize that it’s so much more than that! It’s a place for people from all over the world to upload and share with others their photographs and even videos. I noticed that you can upload one picture or create photo albums (photosets). Although, I didn’t create an account, it looks like it is easy to navigate and it’s very well organized.

2. I chose this picture because I feel like like I have a gold mine in my hands now (knowledge about Flickr) and need to share it with others.


3. I can see Flickr being easily used in the classroom- teachers can use photos as a prompt to start writing projects (summaries, reflections, descriptions…), the pictures can also be used for discussions, debates, etc. In an ESL classroom the use of pictures or graphics would be more engaging than just using oral explanations. I can see how we could use Flickr to create visual literacy in our students (reading pictures), to help them engage in conversations and build their vocabulary. Students can make stories using different images- the possibilities are endless!!!! I am glad I learned about this!








No comments:

Post a Comment