Monday, February 2, 2009

Thing #2

As I watched the video on life long learning several thoughts came to mind. The first one dealt with the use of technology in our classrooms and how for us (especially students) technology is no longer a thing of the future. There are all sorts of gadgets available to us and as teachers we must deliberately integrated in our lessons. We are unable to equip our students with all the knowledge and skills they will need to prosper throughout their lives, so they must not be tied to traditional methods and resources. We must empower them by helping them expand their toolbox so that they can manage and enhance their own knowledge in any situation or location.

On a personal level, I believe that out of the 71/2 Habits, Begin with the End in Mind is the easiest for me. I always envision what I want the end to be or look like so that I can create a direction and a framework and move towards achieving whatever the goal or task is. I don’t like doing the same thing twice, so this really helps me!

The most difficult habit is probably 7 1/2, Play. I think I could to do a better job balancing my personal life with my job.

No comments:

Post a Comment