Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Thing #11

LibraryThings a pretty cool web 2.0 application!!! Interesting how the Internet keeps finding ways to change our habits! (ha!). Now we can create a catalog of our personal library and we can even add a Flickr like tag to organize it, (again!) pretty cool. Have you thought about how much smaller and smaller the world gets with all of these social networks/communities created by the Internet? I wonder if the wide diversity of views posted online really makes us grow from being exposed to others, or if at the end we learn to protect (or end up protecting) our own views more. Just wondering....

2 comments:

  1. I think we grow! more opportunities to experience outside our usual circle...what an advantage the online world has given us...when I think what I can see and do because of the internet and the fabulous people I get to know becasue of online life...
    in away it has allowed you and me to interact on a far more advanced level than I suspect we would have through just traditional methods!
    It makes me want to share more..not hold back...
    maybe others will have a different slant to your question?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking that the world seems to be getting bigger and bigger and faster and faster. I am enjoying all these new ways to feed my curiousity and I can almost feel those dendrites growing. I feel like I was handed a new educational tool. I am getting less nervous about using the internet and all of its vast resources.

    ReplyDelete