Monday, February 23, 2009

Thing #14

I am going to skip registering and claiming my blog on Technorati. I am not sure I want to gain traffic on my blog just yet- I tried to open the video a few times, but wasn’t successful, but went to the Q&A section instead. I am just awe of how big the blogosphere is… will it soon replace face-to-face communication? Amazing, just amazing how communication has changed in such a short time!

Regarding tagging- I think a lot of the information I have learned through the 23 Things experience is coming together. Thing #13 dealt with bookmarks and tagging, but Flickr and RSS also had tags! I have concluded that the common purpose of tagging is that by writing a one word or very short phrase (tag) that describes the content of the file or the bookmark, I can organize and manage the information. I think I just made the connection that tags are like the folders that are even under “your favorites”. I understand that tags are more flexible though. What a great discovery... and there is nothing like making connections! Ha!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment