Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Thing #22

Thanks for opeNING my mind to all of this. I had a great time searching Educator Ning and Ning for Teachers. I learned that Ning, like Facebook and Myspace is another form of social media that can be used in the classroom to increase student learning and motivation. However, in my opinion, Nings would be more beneficial in education that Facebook or Myspace- Ning would allow the teachers/students to create a group based on special interests and learning topics vs Facebook and Myspace are more general networks with no specific interest other that people wanting to connect with people. The creation of a network in Ning would promote discussions beyond the social aspect- How about that for a new way of teaching and learning?

I found the sites above mentioned easy to navigate and that virtually anyone can use. At first I had a hard time getting my head around the concept that after you create a community, it can live beyond you, and that it connects diverse communities and demographics. What are the implications for business here? Someone’s money can grow very fast by using a platform such as Ning.

No comments:

Post a Comment